This Mother's Day all the main moms in my life were gifted homemade bookmarks complete with beaded tassels and a quote from the Bible about the value of women (Proverbs 31:10). The intent was to encourage these women to read and learn as well as just let them know how cool I think they are. Thoughtful gifts are kind of my specialty.
The bookmarks were really easy and inexpensive to make. I designed the image using PicMonkey. Then I printed and laminated them at my local UPS store. A few hole punches, some embroidery floss, and a couple glass beads later and we were in business. Even after making 9 of them I spent less than $25! And there was still one to spare for myself. You can see the one I made for Mother's Day and more of my bookmark designs below.
Well, Mother's Day passed and I got to thinking about all the possibilities with this bookmark idea. Homemade bookmarks with personalized quotes would be a hit for any special people in your life: mom or dad, old or young. After gathering up some Pinspiration, I came up with these 8 quotes worthy of motivating you and yours to keep reading, learning, and being cool too!
- "If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you."
- "A gentlemen is one who puts more into the world than he takes out." - George Bernard Shaw
- "It's not just a daydream if you decide to make it your life."
- "You don't have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step...so watch your step." - Jeffrey R. Holland
- "You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way." - Jennifer J. Freeman
- "Work hard & be nice to people."
- "The things you are passionate about aren't random, they're your calling." - Fabienne Fredrickson
I chose these quotes because they portray a sense of knowing right from wrong and acting on it. They encourage the reader to truly evaluate the goals they've set and consider what it takes to get there. Perfect for motivating don't you think!
Here are a few of my favorite quotes from this list which I've turned into bookmarks for you already. Also check out the one I made for Mother's Day. I'm no graphic designer, but it's pretty fun! Save your fave to print later when you're ready to be reminded to keep being awesome. Or make your own! Which of the quotes from today's list would to want to see everyday? Tweet me your favorite or your bookmark creations so I can see: @love_kristyn